It is with great pleasure that we announce a new NES game that we’ve been working on called Full Quiet. This is a project we’ve had in our back pocket for a while now and we feel that the time is right to break it out so we’re coming back to the wonderful folks of the NES and Kickstarter communities to help bring the game to life!
This game will be an entirely new experience, different from anything that we’ve attempted up to now and different from anything in the NES catalog. We’re going to do our best to bring you something that will challenge you in new ways and bring you into a mysterious, enigmatic world of forgotten lore. Deep within the forest you’ll encounter strange, cryptic creatures and beasts.. some who will help you, some who wish to destroy everything that you hold dear. The adventure begins one morning when you find that something has taken your son; you must find him, eradicate those who have taken him from you and restore order to the forest.
Along the way you’ll have to upgrade your equipment, learn the mysteries of the forest and its unknown inhabitants, solve puzzles, hunt down enemy creatures, befriend helpful creatures and craft new objects to accomplish your mission.. to find your son and silence the forest.
- Where’s the next installment of the Haunted series??
I know a lot of you are asking this, we’ve gotten a ton of questions about this so I’ll address it right off the get.. Donny and Tami have the chicken pox and they’re not ready for a new challenge yet. You wouldn’t want them spreading that around now would you?
Another reason is that we’d like to learn a few new things and hone our craft before making the next Haunted game. Besides, don’t you want a game where you don’t die all the time? We ask that you give us a chance to make something a little different before we get back to being zombified over and over and over again.
- Why Kickstarter again? Can’t you just make the darn game yourselves instead of begging and groveling for money?
Well it’s simple, Kickstarter is a great concept all around. The company is fantastic and the community is even better. Our experience with the ’86 campaign on here was so positive that we couldn’t wait to do it again. We also hope to get feedback along the way this time and better engage with our backers!If you’re not familiar here’s our previous Kickstarter campaign with a little more of our back story: Haunted: Halloween ’86
And a link if you want to check out the digital version: Here
- Game Play – Full Quiet will feature new game mechanics, new physics and new objectives that will greatly differ from the Haunted series. This will give us the opportunity to learn more about the NES and it’s wonderful characteristics. You can expect polished controls, carefully crafted environments and detailed graphics that continue to push the limits of the NES.
- More Scrolling – This game will feature two-way scrolling, vertical scrolling and a large, open world for you to explore. Remember, leave a trail of crumbs..
- Sensory Input – Our goal is to improve upon what we’ve learned and done so far on the NES. We plan to make this game a unique visual, audible, temporal and cerebral experience that will hopefully be engaging for the player in new ways.
- The 3rd Dimension – We want to play with new scaling techniques, a day/evening/night cycle, crafting elements and movement into and out of the background to create a more expansive and three dimensional world than most NES games. While some of our goals may be lofty, we will try our hardest to make them all come to fruition and we won’t give up on anything until we’ve exhausted all possibilities.
- Updates – One of the things we did not do well last time was keep our backers consistently updated. Previously our goal was to create an experience akin to the 80’s where you got very little info about games until they were released. That’s the approach we took and it caused concern in some of our backers so this time around we’re going to make a concerted effort to engage our backers along the way and bring them in on the game making process as we go.
- Our Work Ethic – Just like we’ve done in our previous games we will give this our all!
- We Care – We really love what we’re doing and we care about it. We have gotten some wonderful feedback from fans about this. It’s the most important thing to us when people can tell that we care about what we’re doing and acknowledge it so we will continue our passionate approach to making these games.
- Fun – As much as we care to put out a quality product we also know the importance of fun, both in the games and in the real world. We will never take ourselves too seriously, after all, it’s just a game and games are meant to be fun.
- A Challenge – Just like the Haunted games this will challenge you but we’ll be fair about it. There will be times when you’ll want to go all Hulk on us and smash us into the ground for not making things easy but I would advise against it… that’s assault. Just call us mean names, swear at the TV and smash your controller like normal folks do.
- Quality – We’ll continue to source high-quality parts and materials for the cartridges and the artwork.