Rise of the King is a third-person action-adventure game with survival elements, set within a medieval fantasy world. You will have to survive as you travel across the dangerous lands on your journey to find answers as you investigate the disappearance of a missing child.
You will explore a sweeping storyline filled with unique characters and meaningful interactions along your journey. Our gameplay is a unique combination of survival, action and investigation mechanics to flesh out a much more dynamic and immersive experience.
- Survive in a frozen dangerous world along your journey as you search for food, drink, and supplies for shelter while avoiding deadly wildlife and hostile factions.
- Investigate – Examine for clues, read and interact with objects, interview people and solve various types of challenges to advance the story.
- Unique combination of survival, combat and Investigation mechanics to produce a much more dynamic and immersive gameplay experience within the world.
- Combat – Know when to strike, dodge and counter while managing your stamina. There are no health potions, powerups or special abilities here to help you.
- Story – Get immersed in a compelling interactive story filled with lore, religion, and characters to interact with.
- Hunt – Experience the thrill of the hunt as you track and hunt the wide array of animal wildlife to stay alive.
- Build – Construct campsites to stay warm from the cold. Craft Bandages, torches, arrows, traps and various other supplies along the way to help keep you alive.
Not your typical medieval fantasy game
You won’t find the typical orcs, elves and magic fantasy world here. Rise of the King is a more realistic tone, set in a low fantasy setting. Also what you won’t find here is an obsession of stats, gear and levels. We’re about crafting a story driven experience where the adventure itself is the emphasis, rather than ones gear throughout it.
The experience of Rise of the King is best described as The Long Dark meets Sherlock Holmes with the combat of Dark Souls.
Using a unique blend of survival and investigation mechanics, you will have to survive the cold, look for clues, and talk to the locals along the way for information to find the missing boy. Critical thinking is vital to your success, interpret clues wrongly, and suffer the consequences from the unforgiving world around you. There’s no quest log or mini-map updater here. You’re on your own and your journal is your main tool to help you keep on track.
Combat in Rise of the King is designed to be a punishing but rewarding experience. Easy to learn, difficult to master. There are no health potions, powerups, or special abilities here to help you. Knowing when to strike, dodge, and counter while managing your stamina are vital to your success. Wolves can outnumber you, knock you down, or strip away your bow momentarily. Bears can pin you down and outrun you. Humans can pick up on your patterns and make adjustments.
The king has fallen and the lands of Arnithon are in turmoil. With the loss of their sovereign, and on the brink of war, the people are left abandoned, confused, and uncertain of the future. Amid the confusion and political unrest, the son of your lord, William of Winterlight, goes missing, and as the only one with the skills to track him, you are tasked with investigating the disappearance.